Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cla10
Contributor II
Contributor II

Same Report, different filter for each destinatary in every excel sheet

Good morning,

I would really apprecciate your help, I think I need it to complete my task 🙂

I have a big report with 6 excel sheets. This report is about Sales and Services and I have "Area Manager" as dimension. 

Now, the first 2 sheets must display all area  managers and the total of our company activities. But the last 4 sheets should be filtered for each area mananger.

The final result should be that each area manager receives a report in which can see the first 2 pages unfiltered, and the last 4 filtered by themselfes. 

I've tried with conditions and filters in objects but if I add more than 1 area maanger filter the report doesn't get generated. I tied to insert a filter having * as a value in advanced search to "protect" the first two sheet objects from the action of the other filters. 

I'm doing something wrong for sure and I don't know very well how to proceed.

It is possible to achieve this result and complete this task using the same report and the same publish task?

Thank you in advance for your hepl.

Claudia

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

How can I tell Nprinting to send the report having the filter Area Manager={White} to the user white @ company.com for each Area Manager? 

That wasYou do it by assigning to each user their respective filters:

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

Short answer is - YES - It is possible.

Tough truth is that this kind of requirements needs to be very well thought through and Qlik Sense app needs to be built properly to support such solution.  There is no out of the box option to do this - it is all workarounds. There are many ways of doing this and all of them require planning too. One of them would be:

• Using unfiltered data set for whole report (no field filters - at least no field filter for Area Manager)
  • Building 2 sheet using standard Qlik Sense objects
  • Building dedicated Qlik Sense objects which will be supporting last 4 sheets. Those can be built with variable in set analysis for Area Manager dimension filtering for all objects you need on last 4 sheets
  • Using NPrinting User filter to set variable filter in it for each respective Area Managers

This is just one high level example and whether you can use it or not may depend on your template setup which we dont see here.. 

The other ones would depend also on what you have visible on your report, Whether you are using Levels, Tables, Pivot Tables etc... for example using generic links approach to create pseudo-linking table Total vs individual Area Manager data set in Qlik Sense app. Again - this is not easy subject to discuss without clear scenario on sample Qlik Sense app and sample NPrinting report

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To add to above, 

another solution (if you dont use levels or variables or formulas in your report) would be to

Cla10
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Lech,

thank you for your answer. I understand, I think I'll proceed with the last one you suggested, I started to do something like that.

Forgive me but I still have doubts, could you please tell me about those steps? 

1 - I "protect" the objects of the first two sheets with the filter override

2 - I create 1 filter for each area manager 

3 - How can I tell Nprinting to send the report having the filter Area Manager={White} to the user white @ company.com for each Area Manager? 

I tried to explore the condition section but I didn't get any result, could you please tell me what is right or give me a little example?

Thank you for your help and for the patience.

Claudia

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

How can I tell Nprinting to send the report having the filter Area Manager={White} to the user white @ company.com for each Area Manager? 

That wasYou do it by assigning to each user their respective filters:

Cla10
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Lech,

After some experiments I did it following your instructions. I read the online material on nprinting from a different perspective, thanks to your advice.

Many thanks for the support! 🙂

Claudia

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

that is great news! Glad i could point you in right direction 🙂