Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MATC
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Extension object do not render (blank space) in Nprinting

Hello,

I've encountered an issue regarding Qlik custom extension not rendering correctly in Nprinting. We are painting whole sheet as image - main object is this extension with few KPI objects that renders correctly 

The data is transferred correctly into Nprinting but the paint is done without main object (which is extension) fully rendered - most of the time it is just blank/white. We found out the possible cause:
We are using a custom extension made in nebula.js that is not using a recomended flag for extensions (using qlik.promise function to wait for a render of an object -  as far we know it we can't use it in nebula). 
We've tried to use scripts in Nprinting designer but they do not seem to work. 
Do any of you have some guidance to how approach this issue of not rendering extension object? Maybe some other scripts inside designer or maybe there is a different flag in nebula framework?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok @MATC  - I understand now. Yes - you will need to rework your extension and you will more likely get more info how to do it on other community forums. I saw your post here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Integration-Extension-APIs/Nprinting-prints-blank-object-Extensions-ma... and yes - this is right spot to ask the question. 

I would maybe try and explain in detail there what you are trying to do, what you have done so far and the missing bit about the required function to be implementd. I suggest to spend some time there  describing that you have already build an extension, that it must be a custom built due to customer requirements and that it does not work because it has that function missing which NPrinting requires. Make sure you provide the link to help sites when you describe this so whoever is going to try to help you has all information there. 

I am not an expert in extension development so I cannot comment if it will or will not be possible but you will definitelly find more luck there than here to get directions.

good luck

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @MATC,

If you are not meeting those requirements: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/MultiDocument/Using-Sense-third... then there is no guarantee you will get chart properly printed. Documentation is clear in that regard.

Alternative would be to build HTML or other type of template in NPrinting designer. I just dont know what sort of delivery you are trying to use as delivery of embeded email content indeed will not work with scripts due to email clients limitations.

regardless - if yo uwish to print whole sheet as is - you need to meet requirements otherwise depending on the actual design of the sheet we may be able to suggest alternatives/workarounds using nprinting templates, but for that we will need more insights from you.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
MATC
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

Yeah there is one requirement we are missing which is the setting up finished rendering notification 
paint : function() { return qlik.Promise.resolve(); }

Our developer says that he can't include the paint function into his current framework (nebula.js / supernova) So my question is if we can implement this into this framework and how. Our final solution is to rewrite this extension somewhat differently but that would take time. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @MATC 

I dont think we can do anything about this in NPrinting. 

Like I said - I would consider what other options we have, but we would need to understand what kind of visualisation you are trying to use and how the sheet needs to look like, Why do you need to use extension? Cant you use different objects?

cheers

MATC
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey,

I understand we can't do anything in Nprinting, I was asking about incorporating this function directly into the extension object (chart) we are using. Our developer created this extension from scratch and this is the only option to use as client want's specific object to represent data.  Everything works in Qlik it self in Nprinting also except this object which is without the required flag with print function within the extension code itself.

I guess we need to rework the extension then, to get it to operate in Nprinting and include the function paint for Nprinting. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok @MATC  - I understand now. Yes - you will need to rework your extension and you will more likely get more info how to do it on other community forums. I saw your post here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Integration-Extension-APIs/Nprinting-prints-blank-object-Extensions-ma... and yes - this is right spot to ask the question. 

I would maybe try and explain in detail there what you are trying to do, what you have done so far and the missing bit about the required function to be implementd. I suggest to spend some time there  describing that you have already build an extension, that it must be a custom built due to customer requirements and that it does not work because it has that function missing which NPrinting requires. Make sure you provide the link to help sites when you describe this so whoever is going to try to help you has all information there. 

I am not an expert in extension development so I cannot comment if it will or will not be possible but you will definitelly find more luck there than here to get directions.

good luck