cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem with summer time.

Good day. We have a problem with the execution of the NPrinting publish tasks. In Mexico, Summer time was cancelled, due to this, last weekend we did NOT change the schedule, and we maintain the so-called "Winter Time".

The problem is that, despite the fact that we adjusted the NPrinting server so that it does not change the schedule (And in fact it did not change) the NPrinting publish tasks are executed 1 hour before the expected time.

Checking the emails that NPrinting sends with the reports, I can see that those emails arrived at 6 AM, but the tasks are set to 7 AM.

Furthermore, if I check the "Task Execution" panel it tells me that the task was executed at 7 AM, but it arrived at 6.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thank you very much in advance.

2 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@Gabo77 we've had similar issues with customers in Brazil, since Brazil seems to make numerous changes to DST.  NPrinting has an internal database of time zones (we use the IANA database I believe) so it believes that the DST change did occur, changing the Windows time will have no effect.

I am not aware of a work-around, you have to wait until Nprinting is updated with a new version of the time zone database, is that correct @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Frank_S
Support
Support

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/NPrinting-DST-Time-zone-issue-May-2022-SR-4-...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!