Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedderta
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting ‘content resolution’ taking more and more time

Hello,

We have a relatively simple NPrinting report which generates an hourly email with sales figures in. It points to a qvw file on our Qlikview server, the qvw is about 200kb in size and hasn’t changed in size significantly.   We’ve noticed that over the past couple of months this NPrinting report is taking longer and longer to be produced. Looking at the logs it is gradually taking longer doing the ‘content resolution’, two months ago it took 15 secs, now it takes 6 mins.

To test this I created a complete new copy of the NPrinting Job / Report / Task but still pointing to the same qvw.  This produces exactly the same report but in much less time, the ‘content resolution’ bit takes 10 seconds

We are using NPrinting version 17.6

June 28, 2018 9:03:00 AM

Info

Starting content resolution for report d7bfeb3c-bcf0-4808-aa98-8ec5f8e52a40

June 28, 2018 9:09:22 AM

Info

Finished content production

Any ideas what could be causing this, it seems to me it could be a file somewhere that is growing in size over time?  I can recreate the report but I guess the problem will just happen again.

Thanks for any ideas.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Before to go ahead with the investigation please update your installation to latest version June 2018.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
pakarinen
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I'm facing the same problems currently (Nprinting Nov 2017). Did you find any solution to this problem? What Nprtinting version are you using?

pedderta
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, no I never found a fix, I tried lots of things to resolve it but nothing worked.  In the end I recreated every part of the report again from scratch as a like for like copy and this ran much more quickly.  Two months on and the new report is still running quickly.  It was NPrinting 17.6 from November 2017

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Before to go ahead with the investigation please update your installation to latest version June 2018.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
pakarinen
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Not the answer that I was waiting for ,

I'm updating to the latest version during next week. Hopefully it will solve this problem. I let you know did the update resolve this case or not.

pakarinen
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

At least so far it seems that the update resolved this issue for us. Hopefully the result will be permanent