cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting Repository Database - Name

Hi

Does anyone know the name of the Qlik NPrinting repository database? For example in QlikSense the name is QSR. Actually I am able to querying the QSR database, I would like to make the same with NPrinting.

Regards,

20 Replies
jeshil09
Contributor II
Contributor II

Following these steps threw the same error for me as above! It seems the remote server where the Nprinting is installed would not allow connections. After searching a while I found the reason and managed to have it working.

It looks like by default PostgreSQL does not allow remote connections, so some settings need to be updated before setting up a conneciton to to the repo db. The files that need to be edited are  postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf which for me were located under Program Data\Nprnting\data.

This step is needed, of course, in case your installations of Nprinting and QlikSense/QlikView are in different servers. 

Just follow the article here https://support.qlik.com/articles/000079987

KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

Is it located inside the "data" folder? I can't find this "data" folder inside "NprintingServer" folder.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Note that there is no longer a 'data' folder and thus the information (provided externally by NPrinting product forum contributors), may not be applicable for versions of NPrinting newer that Nov. 2017 NPrinting Server. The data folder no longer exists in those newer versions.

Also you must be very careful when accessing the NPrinting database directly as any direct interaction may lead to unexpected consequences.

Please ensure to backup your NPrinting Repository regularly to ensure you can quickly restore it. You may follow the steps in the following NP backup/restore article: How to BackUp and Restore NPrinting Repository Database from End to End

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Has anyone already tried how to reestablish the connection?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi @Danijel 

what do you mean by "reestablish the connection"?

if you are trying to connect to postgress from other machine you need to allow/accept connections from other IPs. This is explained here: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000026032

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

thanks for the link, with this I could connect to the database.

Greetings

Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, google searches hard for the article you provided, and the first solution is not always correct.
Can some moderator also mark your answer with the article as a second solution?
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-Connect-to-the-PostgreSQL-Database-us...

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Sebastian_Dec 

not sure what do you mean. The topic of this conversation was to find out NPrinting repository database name. For that my answer is still correct and is marked as solution. 

I could mark my second answer as solution as well, but it already is part of the conversation and it touches totally different subject which is connecting to postgres from external (not localhost) machine and which requires changes to postgres config files. Link is part of the conversation though so for those who search for answers any link provided  should be a lead worth checking. 

lastly - regarding google search - indeed google search engine is really poor lately and community posts are not popping up as they should when using google. I am not sure if it is community settings or google settings but indeed it is way below expectations. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II

I understand when I was looking to connect Qlik to Nprinting via google in various ways and the query almost always pops up this post. 
What I needed was the article you mentioned in a later conversation, and I didn't read the whole thread, I just focused on the solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Lesson learned - next time you will know that it is worth going through whole conversation to get a picture on the whole discussion.. 

Cheers