cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wttaryde
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Designer Opening PPT in separate window from Designer

When I ask NP to edit a report template, it Launches NP Designer.  When NP Designer appears, The controls for NP designer are in one window and PPT is open in another window.  They aren't integrated.  So I can't add objects to the PPT document.

I've run into this problem before but can't seem to fix it this time.

I've tried the fixes for when it won't open or the zoom is a mess, but they aren't fixing it this time.

Hoping someone else has encountered this and can direct me to this fix.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wttaryde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The only solution for me was to uninstall Office 365 version of PPT, buy PPT 2019 and install. 

Fortunately, we are a Mac shop so we run Office 365 on our Macbooks.  I have a separate Windows machine just for NPrinting Designer.  This solution will work.  I had it working with Office 365 PPT but an update happened and no combination of settings would work with the new update. Resetting it to an older version of Office 365 PPT didn't work either.  Finally just went with PPT 2019 and problem solved immediately.  

Power Point 2019 meets the system requirement as well.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Typical checks in similar situation:

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
wttaryde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The only solution for me was to uninstall Office 365 version of PPT, buy PPT 2019 and install. 

Fortunately, we are a Mac shop so we run Office 365 on our Macbooks.  I have a separate Windows machine just for NPrinting Designer.  This solution will work.  I had it working with Office 365 PPT but an update happened and no combination of settings would work with the new update. Resetting it to an older version of Office 365 PPT didn't work either.  Finally just went with PPT 2019 and problem solved immediately.  

Power Point 2019 meets the system requirement as well.

bc-thebruuu
Creator
Creator

I want to use Qlik NPrinting May 2021 SR4 with office Microsoft® PowerPoint® pour Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2208 Build 16.0.15601.20764) 64 bits

Office ppens outsite N-printing.

I tried all the display settings,rebooted pc several time ...

No improvement ... please help me

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please avoid to comment old conversations; start a new one instead.

Check my previous answer: those are the typical causes of the problem you have.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.