Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andriesb
Creator II
Creator II

NPrinting: After update to may 2022 SR4, using a null() in dimension to filter values produces no output from chart from QVW ?

I updated last month from 12.2  to nPrinting version may 2022 SR2, 12.7.20200.0 

Until then an existing nPrinting report always did work correctly and did deliver a static report where I filtered some values using a dimension filter and suppress null values. The source is a Qlikview document (qvw). 

I use a straight table chart with a dimension :  

= if ( isnull(Relatie.EFactuur.Email), '-', null() )  and want to suppress these null() values to only show the records where there was no value is available. 

andriesb_0-1686294203291.png

Unchecking this checkbox 'Suppress When Value is null" will produce 'unfiltered' data!

Until last month this report-chart worked fine for many years, but after this last update to 12.7 my report is empty !  

What could I do to resolve this except 'try to update' to a new version ? Moving this dimension to the expression could be a fix. Having multiple expressions in the chart, using a dimension filter was always the easiest way to apply a generic filter .. I did uses this dimension filter a lot and it always did work until this update. 

---

Unwilling to test a new update ? Updating my nPrinting version could not be reversed and both the server and nPrinting has to have the same version  = lot of hassle and (in multiple experiences) gave me probably new  boggy issues?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@andriesb 
A couple of things to try:

1. Move your calculated dimension to the load script. Reload the QVW then reload the NP connection and try again.

2. Check your QVW for unsupported items and update the QVW accordingly. See the video in the link below but review the entire article.

Unsupported QlikView Document item... - Qlik Community - 1714896

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @andriesb 

1. Lets get facts straight - please correct me if I am wrong:
  2. I would say that this expression is one of those "quick and dirty" solutions. I agree that it should be moved to data model as it would produce consistent results.

I dont understand this comment:

Unwilling to test a new update ? Updating my nPrinting version could not be reversed and both the server and nPrinting has to have the same version  = lot of hassle and (in multiple experiences) gave me probably new  boggy issues?

What do you mean it has to have the same version? - you can backup your repositor, check supported QlikView version you can use with the version of NPrinting you are planning to upgrade and do that upgrade. I do it non stop for clients and it take less than 30 min. I agree that if you need to upgrade QlikView then process is bit more tricky but you have not even mention version of QlikView you are using so we dont know if it is even supported configuration you are currently in?

cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.