cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattdetwiler
Contributor III
Contributor III

Libre Barcode font not working in Qlik sense or Nprinting PDF exports

We are running into an issue in Qlik Sense where the Libre Barcode 128 font will not work in PDF exports.  This issue happens both in Nprinting and while exporting reports from Qlik Sense.

I've seen some other posts on here that mention making sure the font is a .ttf file and it is.

I've seen other posts that say you need the font on all of the Qlik servers involved we have also done that.

The weird thing here is in Nprinting when we do an Xls or tif preview it will render but when we try a PDF it doesn't show.

In nprinting the underlying data just disappears but when we do the export to excel in Qlik Sense it shows the part numbers but not the barcode.

We've also tried this with code 39 just in case but that also is not working.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

There two thing to be aware of an they are mentioned here.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Fonts-do-not-display...

You got one of them ie: using ttf fonts, but the other is to ensure the font is installed on each NPRinting Engine computer.

Check the latter point as well.

Kind regards,

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I will just add that after installing font make sure you reboot the server

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mattdetwiler
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank.  I thought I mentioned it in the post but all 3 servers in our environment have the font.

We have also rebooted all server numerous times since the font was originally installed.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Ah...yes you did Matt.

Apologies...please start a support case.

@Ruggero_Piccoli Please check this above..thanks!

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The font:

- must be true type and it is

- must be installed in all the computers where Qlik NPrinting Engine runs (you told Qlik server, I suppose you mean Qlik Sense server). I thin this could be the issue because in .xlsx reports it appears correctly because you have the font in the computer where you open the report instead it is not included in the PDF

Please remember to always add the label with the version of Qlik NPrinting you are using. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
mattdetwiler
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We have a multi-node environment and the font has been installed (and reinstalled) on each node. 

I'm not sure of the Nprinting version offhand but we will be upgrading our environment within the next month so maybe a new version is the best path.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

@mattdetwiler 

Did you tied only one font? I would like to exclude it is an issue of the specific font. 

Can you link the font here so I can do a test?  

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
mattdetwiler
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried Libre Barcode 128, Libre Barcode 39, and Code 39.

I pulled the Libre fonts from Google and the Code 39 from another site I don't have off hand.

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Libre+Barcode+128