Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fachto76
Contributor II
Contributor II

Installed Nprinting certificates are not valid to connect to Qlik Sense after update to May 2022SR1

Hi All,

Just upgraded NPrinting to May 2022 SR1. My QS is on May 2022 SR4

I messed up one of the certificates to  connect to QS.

So I decided to follow the standard process, as described here (which is the same as May 2021).

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-with-...

However nothing seems to work, would someone be able to guide me if I can see in logs why this is happening.

I have even gone through my mental checklist.

• Nprinting Service account set  as root admin ✔️
  • Generate certificate from QS ✔️
  • used nprintingServerName.domain.com as Machinename ✔️
  • ticked secret key
  • Logged in Nprinting using same service account as in 1st bulletpoint
  • Copy pasted Certs to Nprinting server ✔️
  • renamed client.pfx to QS_Server-client.pfx
  • Copy pasted to C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates ✔️
  • Restarted all servies/ even restarted machine
  • run verification check 
  • Issue with message Installed ....

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fachto76
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Frank and Ruggero,

I have fixed it. I think again another mess-up from my side.

I recreated the Certificates (FQDM and machine name). I did not do anything different wrt export of certs.

And It worked.

I started re-tracing my steps, and I think I may have found what went wrong.

I created a subfolder archive when I messed up originally in C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates

I deleted before I tried again and it worked. I restored the folder and it started failing again. Deleted and worked again.

WARNING TO ALL: ONLY STORE CERTIFICATES IN C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates

DO NOT STORE ANYTHING ELSE

NPR7.JPG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Could you explain what you means with "nothing seems to work"? Do you see some specific error messages in the Web Console? Could you post some screenshots of the error and of the connection Run Verification? What steps did you to to create the error? In the log files could you see some specific error messages? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

So the error you are getting is in the title of this post correct?

x Installed certificates are valid to connect to Qlik Sense

If so one thing you didn't mention in your list was if you inserted a password into the password fields or not. If you did, then that won't work.

You will need to export again from Qlik Sense the certs then:

• Use the Name of the NPrinting server (create a cert for the FQDN - fqdnclient.pfx and the Computername - client.pfx - in case you are suing both ie: mynprintingserver and mynprintingserver.domain.com
  • leave the password field blank
  • Include secret key (correct)

By the way, did you also upgrade Qlik Sense? If so from which version to which version.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
fachto76
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

HI Ruggero,

Thank you, sorry about the vaguesnes.

I am trying to re-establish my connection to QS.

So it is from the connections, attached the screenshot when I run verification.

Basically it started occuring once I upgraded to May 2022, I had to make a new connections to a different QS server, and I inadvertently deleted the working Certificate.

I then took the steps to create the a new certificate and add to the correct location.

I then ran the verication and I am constantly now hitting the Installed cert messages.

Could you maybe tell me in which log i should start my log search 

NPR1.JPG

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

I think there is something wrong in the exported certificate so I agree with @Frank_S  and I suggest you to export the certificate again from Qlik Sense and following the instructions you linked step by step.

If you are connecting Qlik NPrinting to more then one Qlik Sense servers you need to install the certificate of each server. If you are connecting to a new Qlik Sense server you have to export its certificate too.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
fachto76
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Frank and Ruggero,

I have fixed it. I think again another mess-up from my side.

I recreated the Certificates (FQDM and machine name). I did not do anything different wrt export of certs.

And It worked.

I started re-tracing my steps, and I think I may have found what went wrong.

I created a subfolder archive when I messed up originally in C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates

I deleted before I tried again and it worked. I restored the folder and it started failing again. Deleted and worked again.

WARNING TO ALL: ONLY STORE CERTIFICATES IN C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates

DO NOT STORE ANYTHING ELSE

NPR7.JPG

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @fachto76 ,

Thanks for sharing the solution. I asked to add this information in the help site page.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero