cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedromsouza
Creator
Creator

Customized report per user

Hi, is it possible to send daily reports to a group of users selecting the data based on each user?

Something like this... let's say I have 3 managers. I want to send a report with data related to the products under each manager "division"...

I thought of something like...

Fact table:

products, id, order date, price, manager id....

Dim table:

manager id, name, email...

Qliking since '09
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes,

It is possible. You dont need email in dim table as it will not be automatically used for anything. To filter data per user you need to link users and data using "user filters" in NPrinting. Those are simply filters which then are added to users NPrinting profiles. This process can be done manually for testing and to manage large list of users and their filters you can use user import task.

Search community for user filters for more details and also study documentation in that regard.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes,

It is possible. You dont need email in dim table as it will not be automatically used for anything. To filter data per user you need to link users and data using "user filters" in NPrinting. Those are simply filters which then are added to users NPrinting profiles. This process can be done manually for testing and to manage large list of users and their filters you can use user import task.

Search community for user filters for more details and also study documentation in that regard.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

ohh - NPrinting April 2019 is long out of support and I dont even know if all features I am mentioning in my previous answer apply to it. 

Make sure you update to supported version. If you are on different version then correct your label as it will be misleading and pay attention to putting correct label when creating post.