Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnl_kln
Contributor
Contributor

Chart not Displaying any Data in PixelPerfect Report

Hello,

I'm kind of frustrated right now, since I'm trying to display some data from a simple table in my PixelPerfect native Chart. Data Source is QLIK Sense Server.

It simple does'nt work. I tried everything, including:

• Try another Table
  • Rename Colums
  • Rename Dimensions
  • Disconnecting Master-Data and working directly with the formula

I can choose the table as Data source in the Chart-Wizard - by previewing the report, the chart ist empty, even the x-axis ist displaying wrong values.

Does anybody know a trick that I'm missin?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

2 things.
1. The autocalendar could be a problem here. It does not create actual fields and to be honest i never use it in my apps for bunch of other reasons and i will never do. 
I would definitely start by creating proper field for such reason

2. Money format can be issue - have you tried creating just simple object with number format. You can then apply money format in Nprinting. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Have you followed steps from https://help.qlik .com on how to build pixel perfect charts?

2. Does you table object produce any data in other templates (excel)-maybe there are selections required for data to be shown

3. What are the data types you try to display as dimension and values. Sometimes having dual or funny number format  confuses pixel perfect which does not recognise it. 

Hard to say more without investigating your particular example. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dnl_kln
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your quick reply!

1. Yes - I even followed the instructions in their youtube tutorial.

2. I just tested it in Excel - it's producing data (see attached screenshot).

3. Dimension ist "CalendarMonthName" from my MasterCalendar (AutoCalendar)

Value ist "Sum( { $< [CalendarDate.autoCalendar.YearsAgo]={0} > } [Angebote.Angebotssumme])" - simple sum-Formula for the actual year. Number Format ist "Currency" ("#.##0,00 €;-#.##0,00 €").

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

2 things.
1. The autocalendar could be a problem here. It does not create actual fields and to be honest i never use it in my apps for bunch of other reasons and i will never do. 
I would definitely start by creating proper field for such reason

2. Money format can be issue - have you tried creating just simple object with number format. You can then apply money format in Nprinting. 

dnl_kln
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I tested your suggestions by trying a chart with one simple dimension (numeric values) and a simple sum function ( Sum( { $< [Buchungsjournal.Calc_Flag]={1} > } [Buchungsjournal.Saldo_Buchung] ) ).

When selecting the argument (p.e. "Konten-Nr") and afterwards selecting values, the selected argument is still present in the list. In the Youtube-Tutorial, die Argument.Item disappears from the selectable Values list.

The chart still does not display data.

I even updated the whole qlik environment up to the latest version (Qlik Sense and N-Printing).

What else can I do?

dnl_kln
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I got it - had to do with the autocalendar-Dimension you suggested. After changing it from "monthname" to "month(CalendarDate)" it all worked.

Thanks for your help!