cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenssedl
Contributor III
Contributor III

data connection suddenly missing

yesterday many update task failed and after check log and shows all data connection define is missing and didnot know the real reason. 

how to recover it .

Labels (1)
4 Replies
OritA
Support
Support

Hi,

In general, if task is failing then the problem is usually in Replicate side (not in QEM side) and we have to look in the task log for the reason. Could you please elaborate which endpoint are involved and what is the error that you see in the logs.  

Thanks & Regards,

Orit

jenssedl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am new for support and not sure where I can find the log you mentioned. Can you give some brief picture and then I can following to find the log files.

jenssedl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

what we suffer is why the connection is missing and second how to restore to previous days backup that is data existed.

OritA
Support
Support

Hi, 

The task logs are usually located under [Replicate home dir]\Replicate\data \logs \reptask_[task name].log

In addition it is possible to view the logs by selecting the 'view logs' option in the 'messages' pane that appears on the right bottom part of the  task monitor screen in Replicate GUI.

FYI - here a link for an article that describes how to analyze Replicate log:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-analyze-a-Qlik-Replicate-log/ta-p/198...

If you still need help understanding what happened for the task. Please open a support case and attach to it the task diagnostic package & the task logs from the time of the problem (FYI - to generate the task diadnotic package go to task monitor sceen, in the tool bar that appears at the top choose: tools --> support --> downlaod diagnostic package.

Regards,

Orit