No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview-Alternate States Fundamental-Inheritted vs Default

Attachments

I am a Qlikview newbie and while understanding - Inherited, Default and User Specific State(Example StateA). Here is a qvw displaying the difference between each of the above.</p>

Step1- Adding New States to a qvw.

DocumentProperties.PNG.png

Step2: Place the sheet in StateB

SheetProperties.PNG.png

Step3: Create Identical Charts in "Inheritted State", "Default State" and a specific user defined StateA and StateB.

The chart in "Inherited State" behaves similar to Chart in explicit StateB since it gets inherits StateB from the sheet properties while default state is an independent State and StateA is an independent state too. Attched qvw for reference.

Comments
Not applicable

Thanks for the post. I would like to clarify you that the chart in inherited state would follow Default State. Whereas changes in State A / State B would reflect only in the sheets defined with respective alternate state.

Thanks,

Madhu

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Madhu - Thanks for your suggestion. To understand your statement - "chart in inherited state would follow Default State" can you please elaborate with an example? Please the qvw attached by me earlier, there are two charts with their respective list-boxes in inherited and default state however the selections in one does not affect the other.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I looked at your qvw. The selections are not reflecting because the sheet is maintained in different state "State B". Standard Inheritance flow is Document -> Sheet -> Sheet Object.

Just do only one change - In the Sheet properties,  change to Default State from State B)

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Madhu

Version history
Last update:
‎2014-10-22 04:27 AM
Updated by: