Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TK_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Compose - not able to aggregate on Date_OID

Hi

I'm setting up an aggegated fact in my datamart, but when I get to the "Aggregated Fact", the OID that references the Date entity is not present. What am I missing? It is selected as the Date dim (I only have 1 date dim).

The Date_OID has appeared correct in another fact table (based on different entity).

Here I would like to aggregate on "Avdeling" and Date.

Thanks

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@TK_ We will need to take a look into your model to further assist you with this. I think it's better to open a  Support case and we can check it in detail and provide the right solution/answer.

Thanks,

Nanda

TK_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi

Thank you for replying @Nanda_Ravindra.

I think I figured it out. A bit of a non-intuitive behaviour in the datamart. The Date entity is created as a date dimension as expected. BUT it is connected to the date selected as the "transaction date" and NOT the selected "date dimension". Confusing if you have several date fields in the related entities.

The "date dimension" seems a bit unnecessary then, why not merge the two options?

Thanks

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@TK_  I am glad you are able to get it going. What version of Compose are you running?

I understand the confusion, but not sure if merging will result in the data discrepancy. I would suggest you open a case along with the diagnostic package. This way we can check with R&D/Project management to see if those can be merged. 

Thanks,

Nanda