Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lybarranimble
Contributor
Contributor

SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL', type 'Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL

Hi all!

I got this error when trying to connect to a Postgres RDS instance throught a Data Movement integration (it's already Connected).

Status(StatusCode="Internal", Detail="SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL', type 'Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL'.. SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL', type 'Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL'.,Error Initializing endpoint. Failed to load Postgres driver Cannot load <libpq.so.5, >: No such file or directory Cannot load <libpq.so.5>: libpq.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory")

Also i have this from the Data Movement logs:

6 2024-02-08 20:59:44 [Service ] [ERROR] Failed analyzing requestAttunity.Infrastructure.Globals.AttInfrastructureException: SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL', type 'Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL'.. at Attunity.Infrastructure.Globals.AtRestApiClientUtils.DoWebRequestIntern(String address, String method, String[] headers, Object body, Stream outStream, String contentType, Boolean isReconnect) at Attunity.Infrastructure.Globals.AtRestApiClientUtils.DoWebRequest(String address, String method, String[] headers, Object body, Stream outStream, String contentType) at Attunity.Replicate.Client.ReplicateClient.test_database_complete(TestDatabaseCompleteParams restParams) at Attunity.Replicate.Client.RepUiRestImpGen.test_database_complete(TestDatabaseCompleteParams restParams) at Attunity.Infrastructure.HostManager.RestHandler.Dispatch(ReqData reqData, Stream requestStream, DispatchResponseFormat responseFormat) at Attunity.Infrastructure.HostManager.RestHandler.Dispatch(ISession session, String requestUrl, RestHttpMethod httpMethod, Stream requestStream) at QCSConnectionBroker.QcsConnectionBroker.OnMessage(String jsonMessage)

Any ideas?

Edit: the Data Movement version is v2023.5.16

Labels (1)
2 Replies
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

I see this error in the snippet you posted -

Failed to load Postgres driver Cannot load <libpq.so.5, >

Did you run the command on the gateway to install the driver ? 

This is documented in the pre-req's - https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/DataIntegration/SourcesC... 

Installing the driver

To download and install the driver:

• On the Data Movement gateway machine, change the working directory to:

opt/qlik/gateway/movement/drivers/bin

• Run the following command:

Syntax:

./install postgres

If the driver cannot be downloaded (due to access restrictions or technical issues), a message will be displayed instructing you where to download the driver and where to copy it on the Data Movement gateway machine. Once you have done that, run the install postgres command again.

Otherwise, the EULA for the driver will be displayed.

• Do one of the following:

• Press [Enter] repeatedly to slowly scroll through the EULA.
    • Press the Spacebar repeatedly to quickly scroll through the EULA.
    • Press q to quit the license text and be presented with the EULA acceptance options.
  • Do one of the following:

• Type "y" and press [Enter] to accept the EULA and begin the installation.
    • Type "n" and press [Enter] to reject the EULA and exit the installation.
    • Type "v" and press [Enter] to view the EULA again.

The driver will be installed.

lybarranimble
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thank you for your response! 
I've followed your instructions (the driver wasn't installed before) but i've found other issues trying to install postgress13 driver on an Amazon Linux 2023 AMI.
I've change the ami to the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 (HVM).
It didn't work seamless (issues when installing the driver due dependencies not found), but it finally worked when i runned:

sudo yum install postgresql-odbc

as proposed by vinodn1989