Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

"Do lookup" not working on Add a Chart to Report block

hi,

I am using Add a Chart to Report block and when I try to find the object using "do lookup". It doesnt find my object.

The object is in a published sheet and I also got the object id using /options/developer mode.

Any clue about that?

Thanks in advance

suggestion: maybe this block should first select the sheet and then do a lookup on the elements inside the selected sheet. Because there are lots os elements in the app, so the lookup takes too long

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @igorgois_ ,

I did find some interesting things during my testing's:

1. The lookup for this block, when it is searching for charts, the reason why its slow in getting back a response is because it is getting around 458 objects back.

2. The dropdown menu also seems to render all these options

3. It seems like 459 objects returned is a limit, and you seem to have a bit more then that, perhaps this is why you are not seeing chart eCPM vs CPA

I also didnt manage to get it in the lookup

4. Did you try inserting the chart id, and did that work for you? when i did the same the block didnt error out.

5. Usually there is some kind of limit to those lookups that caps at around 100 i think or so could be a bit more

Best Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @igorgois_ 

I think the only way to know here is to get an export of the app with the charts.
And tell us what chart in the app you are looking for.

Best Regards

igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the answer

Sheet: eCPM vs CPA

Combo chart title: eCPM vs CPA

Object id: RPfpNr 

It's interesting that "do lookup" finds a line chart in the same sheet, but not the combo chart

Thanks again

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @igorgois_ ,

I did find some interesting things during my testing's:

1. The lookup for this block, when it is searching for charts, the reason why its slow in getting back a response is because it is getting around 458 objects back.

2. The dropdown menu also seems to render all these options

3. It seems like 459 objects returned is a limit, and you seem to have a bit more then that, perhaps this is why you are not seeing chart eCPM vs CPA

I also didnt manage to get it in the lookup

4. Did you try inserting the chart id, and did that work for you? when i did the same the block didnt error out.

5. Usually there is some kind of limit to those lookups that caps at around 100 i think or so could be a bit more

Best Regards

igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, @Shai_E 

It worked when you just put the id and you don´t wait to qlik do a lookup.

Maybe they can improve this lookup in the future searching for sheet before and then the objects inside the sheet

thanks again!