Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milindnikumbh
Creator
Creator

Run macro not working from access point

Dear Expert ,

I am using qlikview 12:40 version on windows 10. My dashboard is running fine and run macro command is also working fine. Macro is is written to get the three pivot tables data into single excel file. ( different sheets ).

I am not able to run the same macro from access point. All the basic security checks are ok. Server settings are also ok. ( Allow to run macro / Unsafe marco ).  Qlikview plugin is in place for Internet Explorer. Document setting - security and user preference security ticks are ok.

I am able to access and run the macro from File  ---> Open in server mode.  

Below is my marco code.

sub ExcelFile

set XLApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

XLApp.Visible = true
set XLDoc = XLApp.Workbooks.Add

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH33").CopyTableToClipboard true
XLDoc.Sheets(1).Paste()

XLDoc.Sheets(1).Name = "Scrap "

XLDoc.Worksheets.Add()

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH34").CopyTableToClipboard true
XLDoc.Sheets(1).Paste()

XLDoc.Sheets(1).Name = "Production"

end sub

Please suggest your views .

Thanks & Regards,

Milind.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, so far I know you don't have access to the clipoboard while using AJAX. I've search for some official explanation... I only found this: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Considerations-When-Using-Macros-In-QlikView....

I haven't found any server-side equivalent, just to export the image as a file, but then you'll need a copy to paste it in excel.

There is a lot of years since I wrote a macro that creates an Excel.

If you don't find any option that works on access point, the alternative could be to install Qv desktop to the users that needs the macro and use the option to open in server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, so far I know you don't have access to the clipoboard while using AJAX. I've search for some official explanation... I only found this: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Considerations-When-Using-Macros-In-QlikView....

I haven't found any server-side equivalent, just to export the image as a file, but then you'll need a copy to paste it in excel.

There is a lot of years since I wrote a macro that creates an Excel.

If you don't find any option that works on access point, the alternative could be to install Qv desktop to the users that needs the macro and use the option to open in server.

milindnikumbh
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks.

milindnikumbh
Creator
Creator
Author

Great. Its working fine.