Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielleMorris
Contributor
Contributor

Issues with Qlik Sense Desktop installation on Windows 10 - any troubleshooting tips?

Hello Qlik Community,

I recently encountered some challenges while trying to install Qlik Sense Desktop on my Windows 10 machine. Despite following the installation instructions carefully, I'm facing some issues. I'm reaching out to seek advice and troubleshooting tips from fellow community members who might have encountered similar problems or have expertise in resolving installation issues.

Here's a brief overview of the problem I'm facing:

Installation Failure: The installation process starts, but it abruptly halts without completing successfully.

Error Messages: I received various error messages during the installation process, such as "Error 1603" or "Error 1326."

Compatibility Concerns: I've checked the system requirements, and my Windows 10 version meets the minimum requirements specified by Qlik. However, I'm still experiencing difficulties.

I've tried a few basic troubleshooting steps like running the installer as an administrator, disabling antivirus software temporarily, and ensuring that all prerequisite software and dependencies are up to date. However, none of these actions have resolved the issue so far.

If anyone has encountered similar challenges or has expertise in troubleshooting Qlik Sense Desktop installations on Windows 10, I would greatly appreciate your insights and suggestions. Specifically, I'm interested in:

Any specific steps or workaround solutions to address common installation issues.

Recommended diagnostic tools or logs to identify the root cause of installation failures.

Tips for ensuring compatibility with Windows 10 and resolving any conflicts that may arise during installation.

Any additional resources, documentation, or community threads that might provide further assistance.

Your expertise and guidance would be immensely valuable in helping me overcome these installation hurdles and start leveraging the capabilities of Qlik Sense Desktop for my data analysis needs.

Thank you in advance for your support and contributions!

Best regards,

Daniellemorris

Labels (1)
1 Reply
mpc
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I think you can see installation log in your user AppData folder.
In the Qlik Sense Desktop one, you'll see error 1603. Near this line you'll see the component with issue. Generally it's the repository database or the .NET framework, but it can be anything. By identifying the component, you can check the more specific log, for instance the PostgreSQL one, and understand the underlaying issue.

Can you share it too ? I'll help to troubleshoot your behavior.

Kind regards