Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericdelaqua
Creator
Creator

Basic SaaS User report

Hi Experts,

I have a small project I am hope to achieve using the Qlik application automation. Any assistance is appreciated.

I need to generate a monthly report (table) to provide visibility into the SaaS environment per user.

My expected Output is:

they will be multiple lines if the user has multiple space.

Name Email License Type Space name Space Role Last Logon

Can this be achieved directly through the application automation and be sent by email to Managers?

Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Eric,

If you are still there, i went ahead and created a skeleton of an automation that you can use, to complete the project that you described in your comment.

A few things to note in regards to this automation:

1. not a 100 percent sure that you will find all the properties you need for the report.

i went ahead and only focused on 3 properties in this one: name, email, space name

2. you will need to apply inline css in order to make your html table look better, i didnt include it in this example

3. i created an address array in there so that you can add all the relevant addresses you want to send the report to

4. Don't forgot to add the "Send Mail" block at the end in order to send the report, i already included the table as html in the body of the message

5. this is not a 1 to 1 automation of what you required but i think its pretty close.

6. Upload the attached json file in your env, to see the automation

Hope this helps guide you in the correct path

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Eric,

If you are still there, i went ahead and created a skeleton of an automation that you can use, to complete the project that you described in your comment.

A few things to note in regards to this automation:

1. not a 100 percent sure that you will find all the properties you need for the report.

i went ahead and only focused on 3 properties in this one: name, email, space name

2. you will need to apply inline css in order to make your html table look better, i didnt include it in this example

3. i created an address array in there so that you can add all the relevant addresses you want to send the report to

4. Don't forgot to add the "Send Mail" block at the end in order to send the report, i already included the table as html in the body of the message

5. this is not a 1 to 1 automation of what you required but i think its pretty close.

6. Upload the attached json file in your env, to see the automation

Hope this helps guide you in the correct path

ericdelaqua
Creator
Creator
Author

@Shai_E  thanks a lot for having a go at this. It is very helpful start.

I have tested and noticed 2 things. firstly because there is a value under the Seach Space >>owner id  it is only running for users who own spaces.I removed the value and under Seach Space >>Type I added managed. this worked for all the users but it basically assigned all the spaces to all the users irespective of them being in that space or not.

I will continue playing with your version I agree it is very close.

Thanks