Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Sarah_Miller
Former Employee
Former Employee

Academic-Program_Educator-Ambassador_LI-Profile-Banner_1584x396.jpg

Javier Leon.JPGToday begins an exciting time for the @Anonymous #academicprogram where we begin to introduce our new educators as part of the Educator Ambassador class of 2022! 

Today, I am honored to introduce Educator, Javier Leon! Javier began teaching at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia in 2017 and shortly after, he joined the Qlik Academic Program and has been an active member ever since!

Utilizing Qlik Sense and the training provided by the Academic Program has allowed Javier’s students to obtain hands-on experience they can bring to their other business classes and beyond graduation.  In fact, since Javier joined the Qlik Academic Program, he has introduced Qlik Sense to 4 universities!  The most recent being a course about Market Research at Rowan University in New Jersey. 

When speaking about the course and Qlik Javier says "They learn about how to use multiple different software to generate insights from the data. I feel Qlik is one of the most important software I show them because it allows them to visually understand large data sets. It creates AHA! Moments thanks to its data handling capabilities with different graphs and charts, and it drives the point home because of its ease of use. They feel they can use it too and work with their own data sets to generate visualizations. I encourage them to do it, even when the class is not solely focused on data visualization.

While teaching at the other universities, he focuses on courses such as Business Analytics for Business Intelligence and Critical Performance Management.  His goal in these courses is to teach Qlik but also help the students create visualizations for their portfolios.  He believes this will help them showcase their experience while looking for jobs. 

As an adjunct Educator, Javier uses analytics at work which helps him explain to his students the importance of bringing these skills to the job as he explains “With hands-on experience, students learn how to create different applications. When students leave school, they can show employers that they have experience with one of the most coveted tools in BI.“ 

While Javier is not dedicating his time to his full time job and his passion for teaching, he is very busy at home!  He owns 4 Olde English Bulldogges and is currently taking care of 12 puppies!  Right now he is training them and looking to match them with special families! 

Please join us in welcoming Javier to the Ambassador Program and congratulating him on his many accomplishments as a Educator and Qlik enthusiast!

To learn more about Javier, connect with him on LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/in/javier-leon-55b2a5108/ 

To learn more about the Educator Ambassadors visit https://www.qlik.com/us/company/academic-program/ambassadors 

1 Comment
Jennifer_Danckaert

Welcome back Javier!  We are so excited to be working with you again.  Congratulations!!

0 Likes