Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peachman97
Partner - Contributor III

Extract Values With Regex not extracting data

Hi

I have the following Split Processor in my pipeline and I want to extract some data from a text field im pulling from an API

Peachman97_0-1711376189766.png

I have tested the regex in Regex101 and its selecting something

Peachman97_1-1711376302761.png

However the output in Talend Pipeline designer is not extracting anything. Ive tried simple expressions that should return something, but they also appear blank.

Peachman97_2-1711376330367.png

What am i missing?

Labels (1)
  • Cloud

2 Replies
szcad
Contributor
Contributor

you haven't explained what kind of string you're working with, what data you're trying to extract, or what you've attempted so far. how on earth do you expect anyone to help you?

like, I'm genuinely curious here. what do you actually expect us to do? what was going through your head when you typed this out and submitted it? do you think we all magically know what problem you're working on?

Peachman97
Author

Hey Szcad, If you read through the post, you can actually see the string I'm trying to test with the regex expression in the regex101 picture. You can also see the data type of string as well from the picture.

I am showing that the regex expression is selecting something, however in Talend Cloud Pipeline designer it didn't return anything at all.

I have showed all the config I am using, so I am not really sure what more you expect?