Digital Support

Value limitation in Qlik Sense map

Last Update:

Feb 13, 2023 6:33:04 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Oct 11, 2015 7:58:22 PM

Maximum visible objects (Point, area, density, chart, and line layers only):  The maximum number of values in a map layer is 50,000. By default, map layers display a maximum of 4,000 values for point layers and 1,000 for other layers.

For more information on map properties, see:

Map properties (Qlik Cloud)
Map properties (Client-managed)

Environment:

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows 
Qlik Sense Business 
Qlik Cloud 

Labels (1)
Comments
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

We need to show more than 4.000 values on a point layer and more than 1.000 on a density layer in Qlik Sense Cloud.

Do you have any idea how we can solve this? Is it possible to increase the number in the settings? Or is the only way to reduce the points via Geooperations?

As far as I know, with the extensions of Geoanalytics I could change the limit. Do you know if and how we could use the Geoanalytics extensions?

Thank you.

Best regards, Patrick

Qlik Cloud Qlik GeoAnalytics 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @pwagner 

I'd recommend posting about what you are looking to achieve in the GeoAnalytics forum (make sure to mention you're using Qlik Cloud of course), where subject matter experts are better able to assist you. 

All the best,
Sonja 

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You should be able to workaround using multiple layers, each handling less then 4k points, considering the 50k cap for an object

pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@cotiso_hanganu Thank you, I guess for my usecases this will not work. Two or more different density layers (instead of one) won't be accepted. And furthermore, we calculate the size and the color of the points, the we would have two ore more different calculations/legends for the points.

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-02-13 06:33 AM
Updated by: