Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Qlik Sense February 2023 and later: Apps listed as clickable links in the Qlik Sense Management Console

100% helpful (1/1)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Qlik Sense February 2023 and later: Apps listed as clickable links in the Qlik Sense Management Console

Last Update:

Feb 9, 2024 3:54:19 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Mar 13, 2023 10:08:36 AM

From Qlik Sense February 2023 onwards, apps listed in the Qlik Sense Management Console (Apps view) are now represented with clickable links. Clicking them will open the app directly on the hub.

This means the app names are no longer plain grey text but are now formatted as links (blue, underline). See Apps for details.

Example: 

app list in the qlik sense management console.png

To disable clickable links in the Management Console:

1. On your Qlik Sense Enterprise Server, go to C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\CapabilityService
  2. Open capabilities.json (using for example Notepad++)
  3. Search for flag QmcOpenAppInHub 
    Example:
    {
    "contentHash":"2ae4a99c9f17ab76e1eeb27bc4211874",
    "originalClassName":"FeatureToggle",
    "flag":"QmcOpenAppInHub",
    "enabled":true
    },
  4. Change "enabled":true to "enabled":false
  5. Save and close the capabilities.json file
  6. Restart the Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher service from the Windows services console
  7. The links are now disabled

Known Limitation

Using only a custom virtual proxy prefix is currently not compatible. The default virtual proxy prefix must be accessible as the link generated will always refer to it.

Qlik is actively working on improving this feature: SHEND-1197.

Environment

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows February 2023 and above

Labels (1)
Comments
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Jorge_FR 

I have created a ticket for you, 00125026.

All the best,
Sonja 

Jorge_FR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Great @Sonja_Bauernfeind !

Thanks a lot !

Jorge

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind,

We have different hub virtual proxies so I changed the flag, restarted all services but the app links are still active.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Telmo

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @tduarte 

If the flags are correctly set, and the services are correctly restarted, then the setting should apply. If it still does not (make sure you clear the cache as well, just in case), please log a support ticket.

If you have different nodes that can be used as central nodes (failover), I suspect it needs to be changed on whichever node you are using or on all.  

All the best,
Sonja 

Filippo_Nicolussi_P

Hello @tduarte 

CC: @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

Perhaps you opened the ticket for November 2023.  Just done some tests to confirm what suggested, to be sure all sort of caches are cleared on point 6. above please restart also the Qlik Sense Proxy Service, close the browser and logon again. 

Waiting for your confirmation on ticket and here. 

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Filippo,

I made the changes only to the engine nodes and it worked. Apps links are now disabled.

Thanks.

mrcstmit
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

Is there the way to customize the link generation of the flag QmcOpenAppInHub?

We have set a virtual proxy for managing an ADFS authentication for our QS environment. It would be nice to substitute the standard windows authentication part of the app link in QMC "Apps view" with the virtual proxy prefix of our adfs authentication path.

Please let me know something, thank you,

Marco

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @mrcstmit 

I would recommend logging an idea for this to make your requirements visible to our development and product teams.

All the best,
Sonja 

cjgorrin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Have there been any news on the issue of QMC links not respecting the virtual proxy prefix which is being used?

If I'm accessing the QMC through V.P. /foo/, I expect all app links to use the /foo/ prefix.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @cjgorrin 

This is still being actively worked on. I have updated the article accordingly and added our internal improvement item ID.

All the best,
Sonja 

Version history
Last update:
‎2024-02-09 03:54 AM
Updated by: