Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
employe4_2
Contributor III
Contributor III

use fieldName into varaiable definition

Hi 

I created an application wich load a huge amount of data and use some variable like  : vZone=Subfield(GetFieldSelections( fieldName), ',', 1); 

in order to keep the app fast and responsive i saw i should wright a mximum of calculation in the loading script. 

So i try to replace the variable i created from this window, to the loading script2020-02-07_09h06_37.png

But in the expression of my variable i use some fields that i load into the loading script. and when i try to define the variable, obviously the field name isn't recognize (because not load yet ?) and put the loading in error.

SO my question is: Is it worth it to create variables into loading script for a better responsive application?

And how do you define variable into the loading script wich use fields not yet loaded?

thanks for the help 

2 Replies
mwanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Employe4_2,

What do you want to do? You have a large set with data. If I see your expression you want to filter the dataset so it's get smaller before you want to use the dashboard. Is this right? 

employe4_2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

the expression has nothing to do with my probleme. It's just that i use this expression to create a variable. this expression use a field that i load and i want to create the variable into the loading script using SET or LET i don't remember.

I just discovered tht the function GetFieldSelection() is only a chart function and not a script function... maybe that what's messing around.