cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyline01
Creator
Creator

tabular cube concept in Qlik Sense

Does Qlik Sense have an equivalent concept of Microsoft tabular cubes?  (To be very clear, I am talking about tabular cubes, not multidimensional cubes.  And, I'm not trying to source a Qlik Sense report / app from a tabular cube.)  I often find myself in a scenario where I need to create very similar reports / apps that have the same data model and the same measure and dimension definitions, but with different visuals.  In the Microsoft analytics stack, I can achieve this with tabular cubes.  But, I can't seem to find an equivalent concept in Qlik Sense.  Perhaps this is a mis-use of Qlik Sense.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi, usually with the "show condition" of each sheet and using section access to check the user profile and limit the data and sheets to show is enough to have the same app to serve different profiles which have different visuals and/or different data permissions.

Besides that, is very common to use a 2-3 layers of qvds, so the final app loads from qvds with already processed data, these qvds are easily reusable by different apps, and you also have the Binary sentence, that loads the data model from another app.