cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajap123
Creator II
Creator II

qliksense folder structure and files

Hi There, We use QlikSense enterprise license, and it is an on-premises server.
I see our developers simply duplicate the production app (which adds a number at the end to the app name) and appear in my Personal work folder in the hub, we work on the changes and publish it, so it appears for the end users.
I am new to Qliksense and when working on QlikView we manually manage the qvw file(like moving, taking backup, copying to do development work, etc). But with Qliksense I am not sure what is happening in the background.

So while working in qliksense, don't we need to worry about what is happening in the background qvf file, if yes where can i see all these duplicated files?
I logged into Qliksense server, but don't see any qvf files in the document folder like i see in the Qliksense desktop.

Also, Do we use folder structure in Qliksense, like in Qlikview.

Please throw some light and please share any resource links that help in my qliksense journey. thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

I don't think there's any one process that's "recommended". You should pick a process that matches your needs and organizational standards. For smaller environments, you can just use the basic process of duplication. For medium or larger ones, since a Qlik app can be exported and imported, you can use pretty much anything to manage these files yourself. Alternatively, third-party tools are available to manage the development and promotion process, particularly if you have a multi-developer environment. I personally use Platform Manager for this, but there are other options available should you wish to explore them.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Sounds like you already have down pretty well. An app gets duplicated, updated in a personal Work stream, and then re-published. You don't need to manually manage the files involved (but a new file is created for each duplicate). If you do want to manage them, they should have a name that matches the app's ID in the URL.

surajap123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks. Can you please share some development process that is recommended for Qliksense.

Like folder structure, 3-tier architecture etc, that is used in qlikview.

Or
MVP
MVP

I don't think there's any one process that's "recommended". You should pick a process that matches your needs and organizational standards. For smaller environments, you can just use the basic process of duplication. For medium or larger ones, since a Qlik app can be exported and imported, you can use pretty much anything to manage these files yourself. Alternatively, third-party tools are available to manage the development and promotion process, particularly if you have a multi-developer environment. I personally use Platform Manager for this, but there are other options available should you wish to explore them.

surajap123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks