Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beat_roos
Contributor III
Contributor III

preselected max value while open an App

Hi 

Is there a possibility to open an Sense App with a preselected value of a field?
I mean not a fix value (I found that on field level) but to use always the max value as filter value. 

I have an app with datas per day and there is no sense to see all the data but just one day. So the user always needs to select first the last available day and it would be helpful to preselect this while the user open the app. 

Thanks for your ideas! 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Here is a video on how to do a dynamic bookmark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyqOigqnUw

Regards,

Patrik.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
nisha_rai
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ,

For that you have to use extension , which is  "defaultSelectionExtension",Have a look at the below image.

May it help.

default selection.PNG

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can try using a bookmark and setting it as default bookmark (that allows it to apply the bookmark while opening).

beat_roos
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes, but a bookmark isn't dynamic and do not use always the max value. thats the problem

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Here is a video on how to do a dynamic bookmark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyqOigqnUw

Regards,

Patrik.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

So for selection of max value of field, your expression in search box would be something like:

=FieldName=Max(Total FieldName)

beat_roos
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot! This is it. It works perfect. 

JavierBlanco
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, Patrick,

In my model, I have a field called ID_MES with a "YYYYMM" number (not really a date); how could adapt this solution to my case?

Thanks in advance,

Javi

beat_roos
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I solved it also without a date field. You can use =FieldName=Max(Total FieldName

In my case the formula is   =[322V.ShNo]=max(Total [322V.ShNo])  you need to use Total. I have value like YYYYMM in this field and it works perfect. 

Just use it like in the video to select your data, define a bookmark and use it as standard. Thats it.