Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soniasweety
Master
Master

one value at a time

Hi All,

@rubenmarin 

i have a filter pane in qliksense where customer is asking to do not allow multiple selection in filter pane.

how to allow this feature ? 

my filterpane expression currently im using below.

if(vFilter='Q',[Quarter],[Month])      ( i dont want to use always one selected value.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

You don't need to change the expression

To add the calculation condition go to object properties -> add-ons -> set a calcualtion contion lie "Count(distinct FieldName)=1", then you can set the message when the calculation condition is false

View solution in original post

14 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I was going to tell to use the always one selected value until I read the last phrase.

I don't know a way with the standard objects, maybe there is an exections that allows a radio button for selections, and a radio button that works as a radio button: allowing only one value to be selected

Maybe a workaround could be to use set analysis with Max(), MinString() or similar to only use the first or last of the values selected on the expressions.

Another workaround would be to set the calculation conditions of the ojbject to only calculate hwen there is only one value selected.

rubenmarin

Now that I read it again, when i wrote "exections" I meant to write "extension"

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

Thanks @rubenmarin  for your suggestion but  im using the filterpane object.  (extension i cant use as per customer instructions) 

I have  tried below with sheet even trigger. condition but no luck .

any changes required in this  ?  =if(GetFieldSelections([ Month]),Max([Month]))     

rubenmarin

Sheet event is triggered when the sheet is accesed, for this to work it should be triggered each time a selection is done.

Doing a quick search on extensions I found this: https://developer.qlik.com/garden/598c6b041cfdc8bde4c49def

I haven't tested if works as one max values selcted or as always one value selected.

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

sorry @rubenmarin  as i mentioned i should not use extensions. 

something can be done by using expressions in filter pane or sheet even trigger?

=if(GetFieldSelections([ Month]),Max([Month]))     

rubenmarin

Nothing can be done there, sheet event is triggered when the sheet is accesed, for this to work it should be triggered each time a selection is done.

rubenmarin

I did some searchs but I couldn't find any solution. Always one slected value, extensions or any of the workarounds. No more solutions found.

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

ok thank you @rubenmarin 

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

hi @rubenmarin    or else can we do something  like if we select multiple values can we display message  kind of thing?  is this possible?