Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daisy1438
Contributor III
Contributor III

how to setup the lines colors in line chart?

Hi ,

In Below chart  we have created three measures in line chart.i need setup the line colors  like

over100%  ,measure is blue

over120%  ,measure is orange

over150%  ,measure is grey. and also subtitle and inside chart title"Delta Percentuale Month End".please help me on this

daisy1438_3-1631509667825.png

Thanks

Daisy

3 Replies
anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Daisy,

From the looks of your visualisation the percentage categories are coming from another dimension flagging if the item measured falls into one of the 3 categories. If that's the case then you can colour by expression with a pick match. This is assuming you're using one measure with 2 dimensions of [Reference Date] and [% Category] to split your measure.

Go to the line chart properties - colors and legend. Under colors, untick the option to give you access to the drop down menu. Choose color by expression. In there you can add a pick match using your columns. This is an example so you'll just need to add the correct column name.

pick(match([% Category], 'Over 100%', 'Over 120%', 'Over 150%'), '#4287f5', '#f5b042', '#9e9d9d')

The pick match functions will choose the HEX colour based on the position of the category.

Regards

Anthony

daisy1438
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anthony,

I am using date column as a dimension and write the three different expressions and given label names over100%,over210% and over150%.I need assign blue  color for measure 1,orange for measure 2 and grey measure 3.

actually it is possible using master items. But i have total 8 charts and each chart 3 exp total 24 master measure need to be create. That is difficult.

is there any other way to assign those colors .  

Thanks

daisy

anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

That does sound like a lot of master measures. 

I don't know what your data looks like but the easiest way to colour your measures will be to create a column that is prepopulated with the categories. If you can achieve this in your source data or in the load script then you can create this as a master dimension. This dimension can be coloured with your blue orange and grey and use it across your visualisations using consistent colouring.

If you shared the syntax of the measure you're creating we might be able to come up with the calculation required to get this into your source data.