cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xingstar97
Contributor III
Contributor III

calculate sum total in pivot table

I would like to calculate the sum of the difference between field1 and field 2 by each row in the pivot table, then get the absolute value of the sum, then calculate the proportion of each absolute value.

I used this expression, which did not work: FABS(sum(field1) -sum(field2))/sum(total FABS(sum(field1) -sum(field2))).

Then I changed it to FABS(sum(field1) -sum(field2))/sum(total aggr(fabs(sum(field1)-sum(field2)), dim1)), which worked if I have a fixed row dimension.

But I have dynamic row dimension, the row dimension changed based on a filter pane. So, 'dim1' in the expression is not necessarily dim1, it can be dim2 if users want. If I change 'dim1' to if() expression, the total sum function did not work. It only worked if dim1 is a field name. Is there any solution for this problem? Or is there any other ways to calculating the sum total in my case?

Labels (5)
1 Reply
Digvijay_Singh

Check if GetObjectDimension ([index]) can help in this situation or share sample data/app to try few things around this problem.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2024/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Field...