Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Pearl
Creator II
Creator II

Where is the log file location for User directory connctor?

Below location has logs only for today. Not sure where to find log file for past few weeks?

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\Trace

We basically want to know who changed what setting within QMC --> User Directory Connector.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

@Mr_Pearl  

It is database trigger which will be fired when there is a data change.  You can define what types of data change you want to track. 

The trigger can be specified to fire before the operation is attempted on a row (before constraints are checked and the INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE is attempted); or after the operation has completed (after constraints are checked and the INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE has completed)

More details can be found from https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/sql-createtrigger.html.

Hope this is clear for you.  Or please let me know with any concern.  Or if it is clear, please mark this as the solution.  Thank you.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

The log will be archived when one of three conditions are met:

1. Service Restart
  2. The log reaches 8MB
  3. Every 12 hours

Archived log files are by default stored in the \\<server>\<share>\ArchivedLogs folder. You define the location of the file share folder during installation.  You can find it from QMC->Service Cluster. 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Mr_Pearl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Lisa_Sun , Thank you for your input. I went into that location but there are around 15 different folders with 100's of files within each folder.  Can you please let us know within "ArchivedLogsFolder" where will relevant log data be stored when we make changes in QMC --> "User Directory Connectors" .

We basically want to know who changed what setting within QMC --> User Directory Connector in past few weeks.

Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

@Mr_Pearl  This change on UDC is recorded in Log\Repository\Trace and below two files:

UserManagement_Repository

System_Repository

Wish this helps.

Mr_Pearl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Lisa_Sun , Thank you again for your quick response. But the "UserManagement_Repository" file has logs related to reload task for the User Directory Connector and "System_Repository" file has error messages encountered by the Qlik service accounts. Both of the file does not have info related to who or when a User Directory connector settings is changed in QMC. 😞

Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

@Mr_Pearl  In "UserManagement_Repository" file, it will records there is a change on UDC.  But yes it will not tell who has made the change and what change it is.  One way to find out is to check in "UserDirectories" and "UserDirectorySettings" tables.  there are modifiedDate and ModifiedByUserName.  You may need to create a database trigger to track the change history.  As it will only show the current value, when it is changed and by who.  Hope this helps.  

Mr_Pearl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Lisa_Sun, Thank you for your quick response again. That means this time I lost the history. But to avoid this in the future, as you mentioned in your message, can you please let me know how I can "Create a database trigger to track history"?

Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

@Mr_Pearl  

It is database trigger which will be fired when there is a data change.  You can define what types of data change you want to track. 

The trigger can be specified to fire before the operation is attempted on a row (before constraints are checked and the INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE is attempted); or after the operation has completed (after constraints are checked and the INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE has completed)

More details can be found from https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/sql-createtrigger.html.

Hope this is clear for you.  Or please let me know with any concern.  Or if it is clear, please mark this as the solution.  Thank you.