Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ipsita
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

What is the use and difference of Appender(smtpAppender) and Qlik Web Connector(Notification)

Hi Team,

I want to implement the email notification/alert message for,

1. All failure task of app in QMC [For admin use]

2. KPI goes into a critical status  [For data use]

I found couple of articles explains about smtp appenders and also about Qlik Notification connector with use of Qlik Web Connector. I cannot figure out what is the best practice to use and what is the actual difference in these two methods. Because both says by using these two methods we can trigger email.

Could someone please brief me the basic functionality and use/difference of these two concepts(smtp appenders and notification connectors).

Can I achieve above 2 requirements by using any one method? Please guide which method will be feasible to achieve my requirement of email triggering and How.  Additionally, I need email configured from Outlook server not from gmail.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ipsita

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Giuseppe_Novello

With the STMP appender, its something you can implement in the global level, you can place parameter, when it read from the logs an "error" from such service, it will send a notification via email. With the Qlik Web Connector(Notification)(FYI now it is call Qlik SMTP connector), you must add it individually in each app, also it does not have the parameters by default to send only when it fails, it could be possible within the app load script level, but I am no developer to tell you how to do so. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik