Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcellSzeles
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set Master Dimension based filter value with button

Hi All,

I'm facing the following challenge in Qlik Sense.

I have a filter pane with different filtering options, some of them are master dimension (created in the sheet editor).
I'm trying to create a button that selects an available option in this given master dimension (not a field).

Master dimensions are not showing up under button - action - select .. - fields (because I guess they are not fields).

Anyone have any kind of workaround for this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Labels (3)
4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, that list shows the fields loaded, you can load the dimension as a field so you have teh field available to make selections. I htink I will need more infomration about that dimension you are creating to check the limitaions it may have.

MarcellSzeles
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yeah I guess I can define that one on data load level (that's what I wanted to do), but my tables have structured name format (tablename.someThing) and obviously I'd like to display something more attractive to the end user instead of some database variable looking something, but in the other hand, I do not want to mess up the column naming convention in that given table.

That's why I thought that I will create it as a Master Dimension and name it the way I want it to look.

So my only option is to create a different table with the good-lookin' filter selection options (as columns)?

ericatrotter
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Does your master dimension have logic, or is it just a rename? If it is just a rename then you can point to the source field as the button, otherwise, you can recreate the logic in the script. 

rubenmarin

Hi, I will need to take a look at that maser dimension to see if there are another solutions, but if the master uses uses more than one fields I don't think there will be another solution besides to make the selections in those fields, but the user will see selections in fields they don't see, and more than one, and this could cause confusion for users.