Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator

Script Parameters In QlikSense

Hi,

Is there a way to pass parameters to the QlikSense script from the QMC? In QlikView we have Script Parameters in the task setup, but I can't find anything similar in QlikSense.

Thanks,

Scott

Labels (1)
5 Replies
vikasmahajan

Hi, 

In Qliksense we don't have this option you can create parameters in variables like thishttps://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/dollar-sign-expansion-using-parameters.htm#

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you. I understand how to create and use variables. But you're saying there's no way to send a variable to the code. Currently we're the same script to create multiple versions of the same application based on the value we send to a variable in QlikView. In Qlik Sense, we will have to create multiple versions of the same application to do the same thing and now we have multiple versions of the same code that we have to maintain. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Scott

vikasmahajan

Instead of creating multiple versions of qvf  you can create separate expressions in excel load that in QS script and adjust it  as per your requirement .

Vikas 

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

But what if the requirements are determined externally of the app?

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

To be clear, I want to be able to do things like run a process for months 1 and 2, then wait and run it again for months 3-12 after another task has completed, and then run it again for months 13-30 after another task has completed. Something like that.