Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devrajR
Contributor III
Contributor III

Saving Data in excel file (.xlsx) from Data Load Editor

Hello, 

I am trying to export data into excel file (with .xlsx) as extension. The file gets created but gives the error (attached below). 

The script I am using is: 

STORE Output INTO [\\FolderPath\Output.xlsx];

I also tried:

STORE Output INTO [\\FolderPath\Output.xlsx] (txt);

But neither of statements seems to work. When I save as .csv, the file gets saved properly. But, I need to save file as .xlsx.

Is there a solution to this issue? Or does Qliksense not support .XLSX? 

Thanks,
Devraj

Error.PNG

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Qlik Sense does support exporting data to Excel with the .xlsx extension. However, the syntax of your STORE statement appears to be incorrect.

Instead of using the file extension (.xlsx) in the file path, you should use the file format option in the STORE statement. Here's an example of how the correct syntax should look like:

STORE Output INTO [lib://FolderName/Output.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, header is 1 row);

In this syntax, "ooxml" specifies the file format as .xlsx. You can also use "xls" for the older .xls format.

Make sure to replace "FolderName" with the name of the folder where you want to save the Excel file.

Additionally, you can include additional options like "embedded labels" and "header is 1 row" to specify how the data should be formatted in the Excel file.

devrajR
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Chanty4u 

Thanks for you reply,

I tried using the syntax you mentioned, but it gives syntax error. It highlights the ooxml part in red.

Attaching the screenshot.

Error2.PNG

Thanks,

Devraj

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The STORE statement supports only two formats: QVD and txt (csv).

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptRegu...

-Rob

VitorioVincenze
Contributor
Contributor

Have you considered using a different approach, like exporting the data to .csv format and then converting it to .xlsx using external tools or scripts? Alternatively, explore what is airtable.com. It could provide insights into alternative data management solutions that support various file formats and offer more flexibility in organizing and analyzing your data.