Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmenicucci
Creator
Creator

Restrict sheets access in application

Hello community,

I'm struggling in trying to restrict access to some specific sheets in an application. I've tried to follow this post (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Sheet-or-App-Object-Level-Security-Qlik-Sense/ta-...) but despite I have double checked my rules, I'm unable to finalize them.

After disabling the standard rule, I have created a custom one for streams (user.'@streamlevel' = resource.'@streamlevel'), I have a generic rule for access Apps* (user.'@applevel'=resource.'@applevel') and in the attached screenshot you can see my rule: I would really appreciate any hint or suggestion!

Thanks, Brunello

Labels (1)
  • QMC

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @bmenicucci 

So this is what your rule is doing:

App* (applies to Apps and App Objects)

Read,Update rights

condition:

(if the user name is qlikuser and the custom property "StreamLevelManagement" on the user is equal to the custom property on the stream of the app)

AND

(the app to which the app object belongs to is exactly named "**** MAnagement Control System" (case-sensitive, not sure if the MA here should be like this) OR the app object ID or app ID is not equal to f5f...364 OR the app object ID or app ID is not equal to b5433...80b8)

Now, what is exactly the issue you're currently having? Do you see more sheets than you should see or do you see LESS sheets than you should? if you see MORE, and when you disable this security rule, you still see more, than it's a different rule that is granting rights to see those sheets. In that case, you might want to disable rules related to App Objects one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for the explanation, @Damien_Villaret it's been useful to point me in the right direction!

Brunello

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @bmenicucci 

So this is what your rule is doing:

App* (applies to Apps and App Objects)

Read,Update rights

condition:

(if the user name is qlikuser and the custom property "StreamLevelManagement" on the user is equal to the custom property on the stream of the app)

AND

(the app to which the app object belongs to is exactly named "**** MAnagement Control System" (case-sensitive, not sure if the MA here should be like this) OR the app object ID or app ID is not equal to f5f...364 OR the app object ID or app ID is not equal to b5433...80b8)

Now, what is exactly the issue you're currently having? Do you see more sheets than you should see or do you see LESS sheets than you should? if you see MORE, and when you disable this security rule, you still see more, than it's a different rule that is granting rights to see those sheets. In that case, you might want to disable rules related to App Objects one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for the explanation, @Damien_Villaret it's been useful to point me in the right direction!

Brunello