Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Purushothaman
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Real-Time Data Updates for QlikSense Enterprise Dashboard

Hi Experts,

I'm currently working on a QlikSense Enterprise dashboard connected to an MS SQL Database, which contains live IoT data. The database receives updates every minute with new live data.

I'm seeking guidance on how to configure QlikSense Enterprise Dashboard  to ensure real-time synchronization with the database.

I want the dashboard to seamlessly reflect the latest data as soon as it is updated in the database.

Could you please provide insights or steps on how to configure QlikSense for this real-time data integration? CYour expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Please help.

Thank you!

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

All Qlik apps need a reload to happen to update visualizations with new data. In that regard, you may need to review if that fits into that "real-time" scenario. In short, a reload is the execution of the script in the Qlik app that extracts, transforms and loads data into the Qlik Sense app.

This reload time will vary widely depending on the complexity of the script and data model and transformations within, the speed of the sources and of course, the amout of data being loaded.

There are several techniques to speed up the loading of new data, and you will need to analyze carefully which of these you can apply based on the requirements for that app.

In no particular order:

Purushothaman
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens,

Thank you for your detailed input. I have follow-up question. Does Qlik Sense Enterprise supports Direct query? 

As per my knowledge Qlik Sense Cloud platform supports Direct query.

Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Thank you!