Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Rangemin not propagating NULL

The documentation states:

Limitations:  

If no numeric value is found, NULL is returned.

However, it doesn't work that way with me.

Rangemin(NULL(),5) returns 5. Does anyone have any insight in this? This cripples my formula.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vikasmahajan

refer https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/RangeMin-and-RangeMax/td-p/1063690

Hope this helps

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vikasmahajan

refer https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/RangeMin-and-RangeMax/td-p/1063690

Hope this helps

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

It needed a bit digging, but Swuehi said it:

"Hence, if there is only one numeric value in the range, it will return just this value."

Thanks

tresesco
MVP
MVP

@gmenoutis wrote:

The documentation states:

Limitations:  

If no numeric value is found, NULL is returned.

However, it doesn't work that way with me.

Rangemin(NULL(),5) returns 5. Does anyone have any insight in this? This cripples my formula.

Me too (confused - what's wrong here). 😋 .I don't know what is your expected output from the formula. May be there is some understanding gap. 'If no numeric values is found, NULL is returned' - it also means (if you read the actual function definition) that 'if numeric values are found  as an array - it returns minimum out of the list '. The function above has a numeric value (5); minimum of single number is itself, so it returns it. 

This also means - rangemin() would only return NULL, when there is not a single numeric value. 

Hope this helps.