Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saniyask
Creator
Creator

Qlik sense Mashups

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement where I need to provide access to my end users to create new mashup templates for the application they have access to.

Is there any security rule that needs to be amended

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @saniyask

The mashups use Extensions for templates, so you might need to create a role that give privileges to extensions, the ContentAdmin role will give this privilege to create mashups but it will grant probably more privileges that what you want, so maybe you can crate a new role check what resources are granted in the ContentAdmin role and try to pick only those related to extensions (one by one) to see which one gives you the right access, you might need to test a little before you find the correct privileges needed. 

I quickly tested with Extension_* resource only with Create, Read, Update and Delete actions, and QMC and Hub Context (this didn't enable anything in the QMC but without both it doesn't allow to create extensions) and it seems to work, but my recommendation would be to create a sample, code a little bit and see if you or the user gets an error, and if that is the case verify if there is another privilege needed.

This is our documentation about dev hub rights that mentions the ContentAdmin 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/May2021/Subsystems/Dev-Hub/Content/Sense_Dev-Hub/dev-hub...

Hope it helps.  

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @saniyask

The mashups use Extensions for templates, so you might need to create a role that give privileges to extensions, the ContentAdmin role will give this privilege to create mashups but it will grant probably more privileges that what you want, so maybe you can crate a new role check what resources are granted in the ContentAdmin role and try to pick only those related to extensions (one by one) to see which one gives you the right access, you might need to test a little before you find the correct privileges needed. 

I quickly tested with Extension_* resource only with Create, Read, Update and Delete actions, and QMC and Hub Context (this didn't enable anything in the QMC but without both it doesn't allow to create extensions) and it seems to work, but my recommendation would be to create a sample, code a little bit and see if you or the user gets an error, and if that is the case verify if there is another privilege needed.

This is our documentation about dev hub rights that mentions the ContentAdmin 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/May2021/Subsystems/Dev-Hub/Content/Sense_Dev-Hub/dev-hub...

Hope it helps.  

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @saniyask

By any chance were you able to proceed with the solution suggested?

Kind Regards.