Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VamsiBhagavathula1

Qlik Sense Enterprise Upgrade

Hello Guys,

I am new to QlikSense and facing difficulties to get an understanding about the QlikSense in server upgrade steps.

Currently, We are in the version 

QlikSense. February 2022 Patch 2

QS. Server:14.54.5

Postgres: 9.6

I downloaded the Enterprise & patch files from the download site and tried installing the Enterprise. Doing this it first prompted us to get the Postgres upgraded to 12.5 and we did it by downloading an extra file "Qlik_PostgresSQL.exe" and it finished successfully.  Here comes a question, Why can't the enterprise download file included with 12.5 Postgres and do an upgrade of the Postgres?  If someone upgraded to Nov 2022 version please  let me know the steps you followed for in server upgrade?

Apart from the above, If some one could also throw a light about the following it will be very greatly appreciated.

1) How could we upgrade Qlik provided with a new windows server? That is I have to move all the Qlik stuff fromOld server to a new windows server. and perform the upgrade?

2)How could we take back up Postgres & Apps and all the contents that are necessary for a single node ? Note I used utils command but it did not worked out.

Best Regards,

Vamsi

Labels (5)
2 Replies
Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @VamsiBhagavathula1 ,

The new Qlik Sense November 2022 comes with Postgre SQL 12.5 database if it's a fresh installation. For upgrading from the old Qlik Sense version with Postgre SQL 9.6 database, it will keep the 9.6 and have to install the database upgrade file to 12.5 separately.

This Qlik help website link will help you to understand what should be backup and how to restore to a new environment.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

I hope this helps.

VamsiBhagavathula1
Author

Hello @Jack_Guo ,

Thanks for your support. Can you please  let me how could we restore an environment  from one host  to another?

Documentation found is very ambiguous on Qliksense site.  Aren't there any simple steps like exporting things from command line and importing then in the target host by running any silent commands?

Best Regards,

Vamsi