Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GillBech
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Desktop : Save Variables values in app when reloading

Hi Everyone
I recently swithed from May 2022 Version to November 2023 of Qlik Sense Desktop

In the previous version, we could set up variables using the variable input control. When saving the app, the values were saved.

But in this version, this doesnot work anymore
If I set up the variable from the variable input control  if I leave the app and come back, change are lost
But If I use the Variable visualization in tab editor, then variable is saved
Is this a bug or a kown behaviour of the variable input control ?

Thanks

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
GillBech
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Anil_Babu_Samineni 

I finally had feedback from support.
Despite several users pointed out the same problem I encountered, support told me that not saving the value of variables changed with the variable input control is the expected behaviour of Qlik Sense.
The only solution to save a variable value is to set it in the load script.
I therefore add a line in my script : 

Let V_Variable = '$(V_Variable)';

That's part of a solution since sometimes the variables can be changed without reloading data.
But it fixes some of my issues

View solution in original post

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Thanks for the feedback, I have marked your reply as answer and with this it helps others who have same issue. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@GillBech I guess the desktop you are using CAL method from proxy? If so, This could environmental issue because we also have same experience in the past that whatever developers done the changes no more visible and after some break, they will be back 🙂

To resolve that, I would recommend to check with Admin's from platform to get Qlik involvement. 

PS. For us the issue is in WebSocket and we increased the velocity with watchdog service, it resolved. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
GillBech
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Anil_Babu_Samineni 

I finally had feedback from support.
Despite several users pointed out the same problem I encountered, support told me that not saving the value of variables changed with the variable input control is the expected behaviour of Qlik Sense.
The only solution to save a variable value is to set it in the load script.
I therefore add a line in my script : 

Let V_Variable = '$(V_Variable)';

That's part of a solution since sometimes the variables can be changed without reloading data.
But it fixes some of my issues

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Thanks for the feedback, I have marked your reply as answer and with this it helps others who have same issue.