cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattwestveer
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Sense Desktop Not Opening to Hub

I'm trying to log in to Qlik Sense Desktop  and I'm not being brought to my standard app hub. Instead I am seeing a blog post being brought into the standard Qlik Sense window (as shown in the attachment) and I can't find a way to get to the hub to view the apps that I've previously loaded in Qlik Sense.  I tried updating to the Nov 2019 release and uninstalling and reinstalling the Nov 2019 release to no avail.

While I understand that there are organizational changes surrounding the sunset of Qlik Sense desktop I didn't think it was going to be unusable until June.

Labels (1)
62 Replies
fehqqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

That doesn’t help as I need to load data from Dropbox.
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

You can turn back on the internet once you are in the hub. Everything will work fine.

Evgeniya
Contributor III
Contributor III

No! Without internet connection It also does not work!  The login and password can not be saved, I don't know why.

agarbagnati
Contributor II
Contributor II

I fully understand that you are working to solve the issue, but is there an ETA for it?

The problem occurred on Friday Even (GMT+1) and it is now 4PM (GMT+1) on Sunday and still no solution, workaround, whatever.

Thanks in advance.

regards

davidstopschins
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

For those having Qlik Sense Enterprise can authentificate against it as described here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/UserInterface/start-...

Actually you have to enter the Enterprise hub, click on the three dots at the up right corner and click "Client-Authentification". Then, Qlik Sense Desktop opens and you can log in with your Enterprise account.

Evgeniya
Contributor III
Contributor III

But If I don't have enterprise account?

agarbagnati
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for your suggestion, but our company has QlikSense Enterprise but from the Hub Menu (the three dots) there is no "Clint Authentication". Maybe this is because the company is managing the Installation centrally. We are a 35K+ employees company, so it is probably a complex installation.

I have tried looking for that info on both the Production, Production QAP server and the 2 Staging servers we are using.

Actually I can work on the Staging server, but i normally develop locally for faster development and I really need this to be fixed (and I know I'm not the only one)...

Thanks anyway.

regards

jsanchezat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community,

I found a way to log in to QSD, I created a new account in Qlik Sense Bussiness and try to login in desktop and worked. I am not sure of this will affect your apps, so back them up. 

Regards

agarbagnati
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

I created a new Business Account but still the same issue...

thanks

Regards

QlikUpdate
Creator
Creator

Hello, everyone.

We are still working on the Qlik Sense Desktop authentication issue. We understand this is affecting your ability to be productive and are working on a workaround if the problem can’t be solved quickly.

Apologies for the inconvenience. We’ll provide an update as soon as possible.

Joe