Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chalorme
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Reload Holding depending upon latest available date

Hi All,

can anyone please share some script by which will check the latest date from backend table - and depending upon that how you’re holding or triggering the qlik app reload?
cause I am facing a serious problem , where on some days backend table procedure is still overrunning & our qlik app is getting reloaded in between that , as per schedule - and sometimes due to this refresh timings syncing issue dashboard is populating null records - so how can we avoid it ?

my date field is “update_date”.

example : if update_date <= timestamp#(today()) then hold else reload - but how we can write it , whether we should use loop or what exactly?

I am not going to put my app in sleep because there is no guaranty after keeping app in sleep for 2hours also our backend table refresh will be completed. So looking for some alternative scripting option.

Any help would be appreciated.

#qlikreload #scripting

Chalorme Roy Mukherjee
2 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

It seems your reqierment is an incremental load : 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2024/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/use-QVD-fil... 

with may be a for loop to chek if update_date <= timestamp#(today())

And may be this link below will be a ggod example : 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Incremental-Load-Based-on-Variable-Date/td-p/621757 

LDR
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Chalorme 

So far I understood, you have an app that is loading data from a table (probably placed in a database or so one), and before loading data in your Qlik app you need to be sure tha the procedure in charge of load data in that table has finished. I'm going to guess that your table is updated once a day and you want to load the data in Qlik once the procedure has finished or at least not before it has finished. In this case, I think the procedure in charge of maitaining that table should overwrite a second table indicating if it has finished or not, or when it started and finished (it depends). The question is to be able to check it from Qlik in order to decide whether you can load the data.

Before continuing guessing what your envirionment is like, please, could you explain it a little bit more?

Regards