cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III

Navigate to a different sheet upon clicking on a specific cell in a table

I have a data table with IDs and corresponding information. Is there a way to navigate to a different sheet when a user clicks on a specific ID in the table? Selecting an ID should apply that ID as a filter and navigate the user to a different sheet, where I can show more information about that selected ID instead of showing everything in a table.

Labels (4)
5 Replies
sandeep-singh
Creator II
Creator II

This is possible with the qliksense standard table object. you need to change the representation to link and add your sheet url.

When you click on a cell it will be acting as a filter. When you click on a cell text, then it be acting as a url.

sandeepsingh_0-1680315998401.png

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi, thank you. But the filter is not being applied. When I make the cell a URL and point it to a different sheet, the sheet opens, but the clicked/selected value is not being applied.

As per your explanation, if I have to apply the selected value and then move to another sheet, the user has to perform two actions - one to select the cell and one to click on the text so that it navigates to another sheet. That creates a confusion among users. Is there a way to combine both actions into one?

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Found a way but have to use Extension Table Chart instead of regular chart.

sandeep-singh
Creator II
Creator II

Okay, just a thought if you want to use it through regular table then create two fields. One for dimension and other link. It will allow user to select and then redirect to sheet. Attached snapshot for your reference. I am using the date as a dimension and link for redirection. 

sandeepsingh_0-1680534037666.png

reporting_neu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

can you describe exactly what you did? I would also like to implement your plan.