Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Migrate Qliksense like a boss video PROBLEM

Hi Guys,

I hope you're doing well.

I was preparing a big migration for my client, upgrading all the layers (Qliksense entreprise version, Windows server version, Postgresql engine version) on 4 clusters (4 servers on each one), new hostnames, dedicated share folder and dedicated repository database and I was looking for a kind of one page doc that resume it all and I found the excellent "Migrate Qlik Sense Enterprise Like a Boss" video, made by Qlik, on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZZ6nNILPJo

The problem is that I struggled making my scenario work following the "restore certificate" part of the video.

On the video, everything is good and worked of me, except the "restore certificates" part, so it's basically the "last step" before starting the services.

The problem on the video is described below:

at 23:14, to import the root certificate on the new server, you started by selecting the folder (SenseServer1) that contains the certificate that was exported manually from the MMC of the original server, but at 23:18 the video was kind of edited and the path changed from folder SenseServer1 to SenseServer2 (without clarifications), so at the end you choose the root certificate that was exported from the QMC of the original server.

the problem is that when you do that, the bootstrap command don't work, saying that there is no RSA key attached to the certificate root, and when you look at the root certificate exported by the QMC, there is no key symbol on the icon of the certificate (that validate the bootstrap error)

What worked for me for the certificate import (please note that I am talking about a specific scenario here : Restore on new hostnames, need all the dataconnections passwords to be immediately functional) :

• Root certificate : import the one that is manually exported from the mmc service of the original server
  • Server and client certificates: import the ones that are exported from the QMC of the original server (with the correct fully qualified domain name parameter)

If anyone here did it differently, like mentioned on the video for example (using the root certificate that is exported from the QMC) please let me know.

Otherwise I think the video should be re uploaded.

Thank you

-Youssef

@Anonymous  @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @YoussefBelloum Thank you so much for contacting us.

Let me reach out to the team and get back to you.

All the best,
Sonja 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

Thank you @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

I forgot to mention the versions I'm migrating from and migrating to.

Migrating from: August 2021

Migrating to: August 2023

But I doubt it's a bug on the august 2021 version, because on the video, there is no key on the root certificate exported by the QMC and I asked some collegues and they told that they don't have a key on their root certificate exported from the QMC..

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

No, you need the root from the Windows Certificate Store (which includes the private key). The copy created by the QMC will not include the private key for the root certificate.