cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II

Match

This code is part of my load script , but does not give the correct results.. for some reason it is not validating the second part (code2) - it gives results only based on the first part

IF(Match(left(Code1,3),'N22','44C','XYX','CDC','CDI','UDU') and Not Match(left(Code2,3),'','N22','44C','XYX','CDC','CDI','UDU'),[CountryCode] 
IF(Match(left(Code1,3),'N22','44C','XYX','CDC','CDI','UDU') and Match(left(Code2,3),'','N22','44C','XYX','CDC','CDI','UDU'),'M')
'No Code'))

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Could you clarify (and ideally post an example) of what is not being applied correctly? Aside from that, this specific expression doesn't look like it'll parse, there should be a comma after the CountryCode and the second if() is closed before the else No Code part.

raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

may be it was a copy paste issue

so the script is not validating/Parsing the second part --Match(left(Code2,3),'','N22','44C','XYX','CDC','CDI','UDU')

Iam getting output 'Z'  with the wrong combination of Code 2

for Ex: 

if N22 exists in Code 1 then in Code 2  either of them should exist -- '','N22','44C','XYX','CDC','CDI','UDU' but iam getting wrong combination output

Code1  Code 2   Checks

N22         F60          Z

N22          ''             Z  - This is correct

IF(Match(left(Code1,3),'N22','44C','XYX','CDC','CDI','UDU') and Match(left(Code2,3),'','N22','44C','XYX','CDC','CDI','UDU'),'Z') as Checks

Or
MVP
MVP

Or_0-1638357384711.png

This looks correct to me, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Are you sure your Code2 is actually a blank string '' rather than, say, null?

raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

in my data - Code1  has values N22, XYX and Code2 has values null ,N22,XYX . So my results in check should have atleast 1 'Z'. Currently iam getting blanks by the same code ..

When i tried to run this in SQL same logic using IN Statement. It works correctly 

Or
MVP
MVP

null is not the same as blank and it will not match with ''. I don't know if you can match with a null value, but I'd suggest using coalesce(Code2,'') to replace the nulls with a blank string.