cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankC
Creator
Creator

Master Measures not appearing

I exported an application from the Dev environment (without data) and imported in into a new environment.  2 master measures we no longer part of the application. 

Any reason why those master measures wouldn't be included when it gets imported into the new environment?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FrankC
Creator
Creator
Author

Both environments are the same (Feb 2023).  What I found to be the issue was that the master measures were created on the 'Published' version of the report and not in my personal stream first.   I moved the report back to my workspaces, recreated the measures, reapplied to the charts and then everything was imported into the other environment correctly.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@FrankC Do you get the same If you export with data? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
FrankC
Creator
Creator
Author

I thought the same thing.  I exported with data and then imported into the new environment, but unfortunately that had no affect.

Digvijay_Singh

Its really weird, never experienced that before, what are the versions of Dev env and the new env? Trying to understand if its a movement between very old env to a very new environment.

FrankC
Creator
Creator
Author

Both environments are the same (Feb 2023).  What I found to be the issue was that the master measures were created on the 'Published' version of the report and not in my personal stream first.   I moved the report back to my workspaces, recreated the measures, reapplied to the charts and then everything was imported into the other environment correctly.

Digvijay_Singh

How did it allow to create master measures in published version? In our environment we are only allowed to create master measures in work stream

FrankC
Creator
Creator
Author

I guess because I am also an admin and our security is not as stricted.