Contributor III
Contributor III

Line Chart with two measures based on a date, but dates are in two dimensions

Hello,

I'm struggling with the following issue:
I have 2 tables : 
Client : Client_Id, Client_Creation_Date
Contract : Contract_id, Client_id, Contract_Creation_Date

As you can see, there is already a link between the 2 tables (Contract is assigned to a client)

I would like to build a Line Chart that shows the number of contracts and clients created per date (see attached graph)

I can't figure out how to do so

I thought of combining both dates in a table and link to Clients and Contracts, but that makes a loop
I thought of creating a fact table but I don't see how to aggregate the link and creation date a logical way
I red lot of posts and deducted that the solution is maybe in the use of Aggr, but  I can't find out how

If someone can help , thanks a lot

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You will want to build a canonical date. You can download a working example here:

https://qlikviewcookbook.com/list-recipes/#squelch-taas-accordion-shortcode-content-19

-Rob

View solution in original post

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The link I posted has a downloadable Qlik Sense (qvf) example (it's the first link, sorry for the poor icons). Download it and see if you can apply the example to your data. 

-Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Clement15
Creator III
Creator III

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You will want to build a canonical date. You can download a working example here:

https://qlikviewcookbook.com/list-recipes/#squelch-taas-accordion-shortcode-content-19

-Rob

GillBech
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@rwunderlich @Clement15 
Thank you 
I did not understand quite well the answers, especially because I'm not able to use QlikView
I posted a qlik sense app and xl file with data
If you can tell me what to do with those data, I'll be greatfull
Thanks again

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The link I posted has a downloadable Qlik Sense (qvf) example (it's the first link, sorry for the poor icons). Download it and see if you can apply the example to your data. 

-Rob

GillBech
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@rwunderlich 
Thanks a lot
I fixed the issue