Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Limit Always One Selected to Certain Sheets or Visualizations?

So I turned this on for one of my fields (Year-Quarter) for transaction date.

I select the current quarter by default then.  I have a visualization that shows the Service Rep, how many accounts they have and how many were contacted in this quarter.  I then have another chart that shows the list of accounts.  

The problem is that I have several dozen reps with no activity in this quarter.  However, I still want to see their list of accounts.  With this setup I can't do that.  Any rep with no activity can not be selected in the filter.  The only way I can select them is to turn off the Only one selected and close the Year- Qtr filter.

My question is this.  Is there any way to ignore the select only one option, on one sheet or in specific visualizations only? Or once it is turned on it applies to everything?

I looked at Alternate States.  But that doesn't seem to apply when this option is turned on.

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

There are particular cases in which it may be helpful to limit/lock selections but often it's an artificial restriction with no real benefits else more likely to get any disadvantages. So you may re-consider your approach.

Beside this it might be useful to populate the missing data - means adding each service rep per period (maybe on monthstart() or similar) and a zero-value for the relevant measure-fields. Now all data would be existing and could be accessed and/or displayed. Helpful may further to add another flag-field to differentiate between native and populated data.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

There are particular cases in which it may be helpful to limit/lock selections but often it's an artificial restriction with no real benefits else more likely to get any disadvantages. So you may re-consider your approach.

Beside this it might be useful to populate the missing data - means adding each service rep per period (maybe on monthstart() or similar) and a zero-value for the relevant measure-fields. Now all data would be existing and could be accessed and/or displayed. Helpful may further to add another flag-field to differentiate between native and populated data.