Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashti
Contributor
Contributor

How to limit user selection on a line graph in Qlik sense

Hi,

I have a line graph similar to example show below which depicts trend month wise

I want to restrict the user to select the continuous month range to view the delta or range.

For ex: user should be able to select Jan to March or Feb to March (which is continuous)

User should not be able to select feb, may, aug (which are not continuous and hence displaying the delta/trend here would not make sense). Can I limit the user to select a continuous range instead of random date/month points.

I am working on Qlik sense and do not have access to document properties to create triggers.

Ashti_0-1679400991114.png

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I don't think you could limit the selection, but you could add a calculation condition that prevents the graph from being displayed if non-contiguous months have been selected (which I think you would most easily achieve by checking if the max month and min month are count(distinct month) apart).

Ashti
Contributor
Contributor
Author

What if we have data which looks like this: Jan march April June.

This indicates that we didnt receive a input file everymonth..so I want user to select jan to march or Jan to April.(consecutive months).instead of Jan April June